Learn how to build amazing and complex reactive web applications easily with Vue.js
- Learn how to propagate DOM changes across the website without writing extensive jQuery callbacks code.
- Learn how to achieve reactivity and easily compose views with Vue.js and understand what it does behind the scenes.
- Explore the core features of Vue.js with small examples, learn how to build dynamic content into preexisting web applications, and build Vue.js applications from scratch.
Vue.js is one of the latest new frameworks to have piqued the interest of web developers due to its reactivity, reusable components, and ease of use.
This book shows developers how to leverage its features to build high-performing, reactive web interfaces with Vue.js. From the initial structuring to full deployment, this book provides step-by-step guidance to developing an interactive web interface from scratch with Vue.js.
You will start by building a simple application in Vue.js which will let you observe its features in action. Delving into more complex concepts, you will learn about reactive data binding, reusable components, plugins, filters, and state management with Vuex. This book will also teach you how to bring reactivity to an existing static application using Vue.js. By the time you finish this book you will have built, tested, and deployed a complete reactive application in Vue.js from scratch.
What you will learn
- Build a fully functioning reactive web application in Vue.js from scratch.
- The importance of the MVVM architecture and how Vue.js compares with other frameworks such as Angular.js and React.js.
- How to bring reactivity to an existing static application using Vue.js.
- How to use plugins to enrich your applications.
- How to develop customized plugins to meet your needs.
- How to use Vuex to manage global application’s state.
Table of Contents
- Going Shopping with Vue.js
- Fundamentals – Installing and Using
- Components – Understanding and Using
- Reactivity – Binding Data to Your Application
- Vuex – Managing State in Your Application
- Plugins – Building Your House with Your Own Bricks
- Testing – Time to Test What We Have Done So Far!
- Deploying – Time to Go Live!
- What Is Next?
- Solutions to Exercises